Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fried rice balls. In days gone bye, horse-drawn carts in the streets of New Orleans sold these wonderful, aromatic rice cakes. They have never been widely available in restaurants. They make a great breakfast or snack. These sweets were very popular.
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- cooking oil
- powdered sugar
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Thoroughly mix the rice and eggs together in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the rice and egg mixture.
- When thoroughly mixed, drop by spoonfuls into the hot deep fat (about 360°F) and fry until brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve while hot.
- Other variations are to serve with honey.