- Clean the spinach or callaloo thoroughly, and remove the woody central stems.
- Chop the okra and the callaloo and place them in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, bouquet garni, salt and black pepper, chile, and water.
- Bring to a boil and cook, covered, over a medium flame for 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and put it through a food mill until it is a smooth purée.
- Replace it in the saucepan and add the garlic, ham, and lime juice.
- Continue to cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Do not allow the soup to come to a second boil or it will lose its texture.
- Serve immediately.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.