Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Exotic Vegetables from Fruit and Veggies Matter's Vegetable of the Month by the US Centers for Disease Control Prevention—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- Each serving equals 1/2 cup fruit or vegetables.
- 1½ lb calabaza squash, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup low-fat milk (1%)
- Simmer all the ingredients except the milks in 5 cups of water for 1 hour.
- Strain the liquid into a bowl and allow the solids to cool.
- Purée the cooled solids.
- Return the puree to the soup pot along with the stained liquid and add the milks.
- Simmer, uncovered, until the mixture is thickened to your desired consistency.