Calabasitas is a vegetable dish made quickly and easily in the microwave.
- 2 green peppers, cut in thin strips
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ Pound fresh Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped finely (including tops)
- 2 Cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 firm tomato, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 ripe California avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
Combine peppers, zucchini, Mushrooms and butter in 3 quart microwave safe casserole dish. Place in microwave oven and cook on High for 5 – 7 minutes, covered with wax paper. Vegetables should be lightly cooked, but still crisp. Add salt to vegetables and toss to mix well.
Sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese just before serving.
Serve Calabasitas as a first course warm salad, or if desired as an entree over rice, or as a taco filling.