Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Calabasitas is a vegetable dish made quickly and easily in the microwave.
- 2 green peppers, cut in thin strips
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ Pound fresh Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped finely (including tops)
- 2 Cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 firm tomato, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 ripe California avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
Combine peppers, zucchini, Mushrooms and butter in 3 quart microwave safe casserole dish. Place in microwave oven and cook on High for 5 – 7 minutes, covered with wax paper. Vegetables should be lightly cooked, but still crisp. Add salt to vegetables and toss to mix well.
Sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese just before serving.
Serve Calabasitas as a first course warm salad, or if desired as an entree over rice, or as a taco filling.