This New Mexican inspired recipe makes a great filling for low-carb tortillas and omelets. Depending on your CCLL, you may mix in Monterey jack Cheese, lime juice, sour cream, tomatoes or cilantro to taste.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 pounds zucchini, thinly sliced in half rounds
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until it shimmers.
- Add onion and pepper.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, until onion is softened.
- Add zucchini, corn, salt and chili powder; mix well.
- Cook 5 minutes or until zucchini is softened.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons water, cover and cook 2 minutes more, until zucchini is soft and tender.