Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This New Mexican inspired recipe makes a great filling for low-carb tortillas and omelets. Depending on your CCLL, you may mix in Monterey jack Cheese, lime juice, sour cream, tomatoes or cilantro to taste.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 pounds zucchini, thinly sliced in half rounds
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until it shimmers.
- Add onion and pepper.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, until onion is softened.
- Add zucchini, corn, salt and chili powder; mix well.
- Cook 5 minutes or until zucchini is softened.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons water, cover and cook 2 minutes more, until zucchini is soft and tender.