In Romanian: Prajitura cu nuci si marmelada
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup lard or butter
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 4 yolks
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- flour as needed
- 2 oz / 50 g ground walnuts
- 6 whipped egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- Cream 1 cup of sugar with the butter or lard and 4 yolks, add sour cream, baking soda and vanilla, mix well, add flour and knead a medium soft dough.
- Roll a sheet the size of the baking pan, place in the pan and spread marmalade on it.
- Whip 6 egg whites, gradually add 1 cup sugar, then add the ground walnuts. Mix gently.
- Place this mixture on top of the dough with marmalade, smooth into a uniform layer and bake at medium heat to start with and then at higher heat.
- When done, cut into squares or rectangles.