Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Prajitura cu marmelada
- 1 lb / 500 g flour
- 7 oz / 200 g butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ oz / 20 g yeast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or grated lemon peel
- shortening for the pan
- vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar
- Mix the butter with the yeast and sugar, add the eggs, salt, vanilla, flour and knead to obtain a rather soft dough.
- Let rest for half an hour. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each into a sheet. Place a sheet into the buttered pan.
- Spread a ¼ inch layer of marmalade over it.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the ground walnuts and sugar. Then place another dough sheet.
- Repeat the procedure with the marmalade and walnut/sugar mixture for this 2nd and 3rd sheets.
- Finally, cover with the 4th sheet and bake at medium heat.
- When golden brown, remove from the oven, sprinkle with vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar and cut into squares or rectangles.
- It is desirable to use 3 different kinds of marmalade.