In Romanian: Prajitura cu mere rase
- 6 medium apples grated on the vegetable grater
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup rum
- syrup from 2 - 3 tablespoons sugar and a little rum,
- butter and bread crumbs to grease and dust the pan
- Beat the yolks with the sugar, gradually add the flour, then rum and bread crumbs.
- After everything has been mixed well, add the peeled and grated apples, mix some more and then add the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered and dusted (with bread crumbs) pan and bake at medium heat.
- When done, put on a platter and pour some syrup over it while still hot.