In Romanian: Chec cu cacao
- 7 oz / 200 g butter
- 10 oz / 300 g confectioner's sugar
- 14 oz / 400 g flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cacao
- butter and flour to grease and dust the pan
- Cream the butter with the sugar and vanilla, add the yolks one by one.
- Mix with flour and then with whipped egg whites.
- Take 4 - 5 tablespoons of this mixture and put in a bowl where you mix this with 1 tablespoon cacao.
- Place half of the plain (without cacao) mixture in the buttered and dusted bread pan, then pour the cacao mixture down the middle over the plain mixture (to obtain a brown strip in the middle, from one end to the other).
- Then pour the remaining plain mixture. Bake, first at low temperature, then somewhat higher.
- When done, remove onto a wooden cutting board and cover with a cloth.