Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These cake brownies are somewhat less dense and almost cake-like compared to brownies made using store-bought cake mixes.
- Cake Brownies from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: About 20
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2.4 dl) sugar
- ½ cup (120 g) margarine
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- ¾ cup (180 g/1.8 dl) flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup (120 g/1.2 dl) chopped walnuts or other nuts (optional)
- Beat eggs until light.
- Add sugar, melted margarine and cocoa. Blend.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour into a 9" x 9" (23 cm x 23 cm) greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F / 175°C.