Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 small onion — chopped
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 stalks celery — chopped
- 1 green bell pepper — chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or ½ tsp dried) -- chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (or ½ tsp dried) -- chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried) -- chopped
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or more to taste)
- red pepper to taste
- 1 x 14½ oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 x 16 oz can black-eyed peas — rinsed and drained
- cooked white or brown rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, garlic and bell pepper in oil on medium heat.
- Add chopped celery and continue to saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add thyme, basil, oregano, black pepper, Cajun seasoning, and red pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until onions are golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, honey, and mustard and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Add the peas, cover, and stir occasionally until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over rice.