Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hearty, homely soup to feed a large crowd. Great over rice.
- 4 lbs sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into small pieces
- 3 (32 ounces) cans tomato juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Cajun seasoning (Paul Prudhomme brand)
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- ⅔ cup water
- Cut sausage into small pieces and brown in a small amount of vegetable oil; set aside.
- Heat ¼ cup of oil in soup pot and cook vegetables (onion, celery, carrots, potatoes and tomatoes) until tender.
- Add tomato juice, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, sausage and grease.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Mix water and corn starch together and thicken soup with mixture.
- Remove soup from heat, add heavy cream and saltand pepper to taste.