Makes 6 servings
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 x 16-ounce package frozen corn, partially thawed
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 x 16-ounce can evaporated skim milk
- 3 cups cooked rice
- chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle seasoning over chicken.
- Heat Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add bacon; cook until crisp.
- Remove from skillet; cool and crumble.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet.
- Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink and beginning to brown.
- Remove from Dutch oven; set aside.
- Add celery, onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until celery is tender.
- Stir in corn, tomatoes and milk.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and reserved chicken; cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until thoroughly heated.
- To serve, garnish with bacon and parsley.