Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a family favorite we make over and over again. Although it's extremely flavorful, it is quite lean.
- 6 lean pork chops
- Cajun seasoning
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 package beef gravy, prepared per directions (or 1 – 1½ cups home made or bottled brown gravy)
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chops liberally with cajun seasoning.
- Spray pan with vegetable oil, or use a small amount of oil.
- Brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, pepper, celery and garlic to the pan and saute until tender.
- Add the pork chops back to the pan with the vegetables, add the brown gravy.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.