Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serving Size : 4
- 1 pound catfish or trout or other medium-fat fish fillets, about ¾ inch thick
- ¼ cup buttermilk or non-fat milk
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup yellow cornmeal
- ⅓ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Creole seasoning
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- lemon wedges, if desired
- Move oven rack to position slightly above middle of oven. Heat oven to 500 °F.
- Remove and discard skin from fish. .
- Cut fish into 2 x 1½-inch pieces.
- Mix buttermilk and egg white with fork.
- Mix cornmeal, breadcrumbs and Cajun Creole seasoning.
- Dip fish into buttermilk mixture, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
- Place in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Lightly spray cooking spray on fish.
- Bake uncovered about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (excluding unknown items):
- 198 Calories; 4g Fat (19.0% Calories from fat); 22g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate;
- 1g Dietary fiber; 66 mg Cholesterol; 210 mg Sodium.
- Exchanges: 1 grain (starch); 2½ lean meat; 0 non-fat milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.