Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- ½ cup pepper, finely diced (preferably a mix of red, yellow and green)
- 1 cup (6 oz) andouille sausage, cut into ¼-inch half moons
- 3¾ cups heavy cream, reduced to 3½ cups 
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 1 lb spiral or other pasta, cooked and drained
- ¼ cup green onions, including green parts, sliced thinly for garnish
- In a large saute pan over high heat, add butter, onions and peppers and saute until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add andouille sausage and continue to cook over high heat until vegetables begin to turn golden and the sausage begins to color.
- Lower heat and saute until vegetables are very soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add reduced cream and bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Lower heat to medium-high and continue to simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir well with a wooden spoon until cheese is well melted.
- Season with salt and pepper and continue to simmer another 3 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Toss in cooked, drained pasta and mix well.
- Garnish with finely sliced green onions before serving.
- ↑ To reduce cream, place in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil about 10 minutes, watching carefully that it doesn't boil over the sides of the pan, and skim top before adding to recipe.