Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 12 Servings
- 6 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- 1 pound lean smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 4 McCormick™ bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick™ thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick™ garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon McCormick™ ground black pepper
- 2 cups instant rice
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In a 3½ or 4-quart crockery slow cooker, place sausage, peppers, onions, celery, tomatoes, bouillon, bay leaves,thyme and garlic powder.
- Stir to blend well.
- Top with chicken and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Add rice; stir gently, yet thoroughly to blend.
- Cover and cook 15 – 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove bay leaves and chicken bones before serving.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per one serving:
- About 249 calories | fat 9 g | protein 22 g | carbohydrate 20 g | cholesterol 79 mg | sodium 738 mg