A Catfish recipe. Serves 4.
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion (i.e. vidalia)
- 1 cup chopped, seeded roma tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons pitted and chopped calamata (Greek) olives
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne), or more to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté 5 minutes.
- Spoon onion into a bowl.
- Add tomatoes, olives, water, and 1 teaspoon thyme leaves.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Combine 1 teaspoon olive oil, remaining 2 teaspoons thyme, paprika, garlic salt, and red pepper.
- Rub mixture over both sides of catfish fillets.
- Place fillets on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side, or until flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with relish.