You're gonna like this, I guarantee!
- 4 medium potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, thyme, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, sugar, cumin, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Tabasco sauce, and oil; mix well into a paste.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; pour a small amount of oil onto foil and spread with a paper towel.
- Peel potatoes and slice into french fry shapes.
- Place fries in a plastic bag with paste and work paste onto fries; alternatively you can do this in a bowl, but the bag method is easier.
- Place fries on lined baking sheet, trying not to let edges touch.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30 – 35 minutes (your time may vary with the size fry you cut); turn once during cooking to brown underside.