- In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stir flour into hot salad oil; cook, stirring constantly, until flour is dark brown but not burned.
- Add onion, celery, and green pepper; cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually stir in tomatoes with their liquid, sugar, salt, andhot pepper sauce until blended, stirring until boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- To mixture in skillet, add okra, corn, and chicken; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Serve over warm rice.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.