A new, red-hot alternative to the chicken nuggets, this countrified main poultry dish is made and packed with real spices and breadcrumbs and cooked to a great crisp.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- ½ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, sliced into 1-inch squares
- In a large bowl, combine onion soup mix, bread crumbs, chili powder, cumin, thyme, and black pepper.
- Dip chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, coating well.
- In a large skillet, heat ½-inch oil and cook chicken over medium heat, turning once, until done; drain on paper towels. Serve warm and plain over rice, or with other main dishes.