Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Varza umpluta cu carne
- 1 medium cabbage,
- 1 lb/500 g ground sirloin,
- 2-3 onions,
- 1 tablespoon rice,
- 2 tablespoons lard,
- salt, pepper,
- chopped parsley and dill,
- 1 lb/500 g tomatoes,
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar,
- 1/2 teaspoon flour,
- 1 tablespoon vinegar,
- sour cream
- Remove the exterior leaves from the cabbage.
- With a knife, cut and remove the core.
- Place the cabbage in a pot with salt water and let boil for a few minutes (until the leaves start to soften).
- Mix the ground meat with the rice, raw or lightly fried Onion, 1 tablespoon of lard and some pepper. After the cabbage was removed from the water and cooled off, place it on a cutting board, remove a few leaves from the inside, fan out the other leaves and put the ground meat mixture in between the leaves.
- Re-arrange the leaves giving the cabbage its initial round shape.
- Place in a pot with the cored part up and pour the following sauce over it.
- Fry a little Onion with a tablespoon of lard, add flour, fry until yellowish and then pour the boiled and strained tomatoes over it.
- Add salt, Sugar and vinegar.
- If this sauce does not completely cover the cabbage, add some water.
- Cover the pot and simmer.
- When it is almost ready, spread some chopped parsley and dill on top and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.