Cabbage and Potato Saute from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Cookbook—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1 small bell pepper, green or red, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small head cabbage, green or purple, sliced thin or shredded
- 1 medium potatoes, cooked and chopped
- dash of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Sauté bell pepper, onion and garlic in oil in a large skillet.
- Add cabbage to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add precooked potatoes and spices.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot.