Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Soul Food Cookbook for People with Diabetes, published by the American Diabetes Association
- Number of Servings: 8 x 1 cup
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ½ stalked celery, chopped
- 4 green onion, chopped with tops
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- In a large soup pot, combine the water, broth, tomatoes, celery, onion, potato, bay leaf, salt, thyme, and caraway seeds.
- Simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add the cabbage, chicken, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- 81 Calories | 15 Calories from fat | 2g Total fat | 1g Saturated fat | 16mg Cholesterol | 526mg Sodium | 9g Total Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 4g Sugars | 7g Protein
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable | 1 very lean meat