Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cups scraped and chopped carrots
- 5 cups chopped sweet red and/or green peppers
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3½ cups cider vinegar
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- Mix all the vegetables together well.
- Boil vinegar, sugar, salt, celery and mustard seed together for 3 minutes then add vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Cook for exactly one minute then pack into hot sterilized jars and seal at once.