This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cups scraped and chopped carrots
- 5 cups chopped sweet red and/or green peppers
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3½ cups cider vinegar
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- Mix all the vegetables together well.
- Boil vinegar, sugar, salt, celery and mustard seed together for 3 minutes then add vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Cook for exactly one minute then pack into hot sterilized jars and seal at once.