Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Neely Estate in Waxahachie, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup barley
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 ounces cabbage finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 bay leaf
- vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Soak and cook barley and keep the cooking water.
- Fry the onion and garlic gently for 5 minutes without browning.
- Add cabbage and barley with the cooking water and make it up to 2 pints with vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil then add the bay leaf and simmer for 5 minutes until cabbage is just cooked but still crunchy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the tahini.