Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Partain Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup wine
- 1½ cups stock
- ½ cup rice
- 4 tablespoons red lentils
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Blanch cabbage leaves in boiling salted water until they begin to wilt.
- Reserve water.
- Heat oil and sauté onion, carrot and mushroom for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, rice, lentils and herbs then boil for 15 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add cheese.
- Place a portion of the filling in each leaf then fold in the sides and roll.
- Place joint down in a roasting pan and add the reserved water.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Drain the roasting pan.
- Place 2½ cups of the water into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Blend flour with a little cold milk.
- Add flour and lemon juice to the water then cook 5 minutes whisking to prevent lumps forming.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool 1 minute then add the eggs.