Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gonzales Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups leftover meat or ground beef (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- ¼ cup tomato purée
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat and onion in a heavy skillet over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in thoroughly celery, rice, horseradish, mustard and egg.
- Cook cabbage leaves for 3 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Place meat mixture on cabbage leaves.
- Roll and fasten with toothpicks.
- Place close together in greased baking dish.
- Pour tomato puree and water over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove cabbage rolls.
- Pour sour cream into liquid remaining in baking dish.
- Serve over cabbage rolls.