- Stew chopped onion and garlic in butter in a large skillet for 3-5 mins.
- Add rice, meat, salt, and pepper.
- Stir just to mix well.
- Remove from heat and remove core from cabbage.
- Place whole head in a large kettle filled with boiling water.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes and remove softened outer leaves.
- Take out all large leaves cut thick center stem from each leaf.
- Take one large cabbage leaf at a time,put 1 rounded tablespoonful of meat mixture in center of a leaf.
- Roll leaves and put stuffed cabbage leaves with seam down close to each other on a frying pan.
- Do not make more than 2 layers.
- Combine beef broth and mushroom soup; * pour over cabbage rolls.
- Bake in a well heated oven for 1½ hours.