Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ¼ cup fine chop red onions
- 3 tbsp defatted chicken stock (vegetarians use vegetable stock rather than chicken stock)
- 1½ cup fine chop tomatoes
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp minced fresh oregano
Cabbage rolls Edit
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp defatted chicken stock (vegetarians use vegetable stock rather than chicken stock)
- 2 cup cooked rice or barley
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 8 medium cabbage leaves
- In a 2 quart saucepan over medium-low heat, sauté the celery and onions in the stock for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, vinegar and oregano.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Set aside while you make the rolls.
Cabbage rolls Edit
- In a small saucepan over low heat, saute" the onions, mushrooms and garlic in the stock for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the rice or barley, tomatoes, bread crumbs, soy sauce, parsley, curry and pepper.
- Blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling water for about 3 minutes, or until pliable.
- Place about ½ cup of mixture on each leaf.
- Roll the leaf tightly to enclose the filling.
- Coat a 9x9 baking dish with no-stick spray.
- Add the rolls, seam side down.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce over the rolls.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400°F for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Serve the heated cabbage rolls with the remaining sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving: 230 calories, 2 g fat (7%), g dietary fiber, : 9 g protein, 0 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium. A good source of vitamin C