Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Wash rice and drain.
- Add meat and 1 cup tomatoes or ½ can paste.
- Add salt, pepper and spices.
- Separate cabbage leaves and drop separately in salted boiling water and cook a few minutes until limp.
- Cook all leaves then let drain.
- Trim leaves of heavy stems.
- Reserve stems and put in bottom of saucepan.
- On each leaf place 1 heaping tbsp of filling and roll firmly.
- Place cabbage rolls neatly in rows making several layers.
- Place garlic buds among leaves as you roll.
- Add 1 cup tomatoes and enough hot water to cover rolls.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp salt over all.
- Cook 25 minutes to 35 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes of cooking, add the juice of 2 lemons.