Cabbage Noodle Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 6
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 ramen noodle seasoning package
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small head red or green cabbage (or ½ of each)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 package ramen noodles, crushed
- Make dressing by combining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Combine the first three salad ingredients, toss well.
- Add crushed ramen noodles and dressing to salad and toss again.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend.