If you're a fan of German food... you'll enjoy this traditional combination of sausage, cabbage and potatoes.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- From: Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipes
- 6 to 8 servings
- 8 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 14½ oz can chicken broth
- 2 lbs fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into serving-size pieces
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the cabbage, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper.
- Pour broth over all.
- Place sausage on top (slow cooker will be full, but cabbage will cook down).
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or until vegetables are tender and sausage is heated through.