This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Peel cabbage leaf by leaf and cut out center stems.
- Roll up tight as if making cigars and cut across into shreds as thin as possible.
- Heat oil and toss in a handful of the cabbage shreds.
- Cook for 2 minutes the scoop out to drain.
- Repeat until all cabbage is cooked then sprinkle with salt and sugar and eat hot.