Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 medium cabbage — chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese — cubed (small)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium onion — chopped
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease or butter
- salt and pepper — to taste
- Boil cabbage 10 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Sauté onions until clear in bacon grease or butter.
- Remove from pan.
- Mix flour with remaining bacon grease.
- Add a little butter if necessary to make a paste.
- Add milk, soup and cheese.
- Return onions to pan.
- Season to taste.
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Put cabbage in a casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over and mix.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top and dot with margarine.
- Cook in 350°F degree oven for 20 minutes.
- If breadcrumbs are not brown, turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes.