- 3 lb cabbage, chopped or shredded
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp flour
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 2½ cups crushed cheese crackers, reserve ½ cup
- 4 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook cabbage in boiling water for 7 minutes.
- Cook onion slices in boiling salted water until tender.
- Place layer of cabbage in 2-quart casserole, a layer of onions, and layer of cheese cracker crumbs.
- Dot with ½ cup butter.
- Make sauce of remaining butter, flour, salt, and milk.
- Combine with mushroom soup and pour over top.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup reserved cracker crumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes.