Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sauce Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 quart tomato juice 
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp celery salt
- 1 Tbsp red pepper
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 Tbsp grated onion
- 1½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- Mix brown sugar, mustard, salt, red pepper, black pepper, paprika, cornstarch and allspice in a heavy saucepan.
- Combine tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Add a small amount to the dry ingredients to form a paste to prevent lumping before adding the balance of these liquids. Add grated onion.
- Cook on very low heat, usually 2 hours until thickened. In the beginning, stir frequently (the cornstarch has to be addressed properly while mixture is still cold).
- ↑ If you don't have tomato juice, you can use 1 quart canned tomatoes pureed in blender and adjust cornstarch to 1 Tbsp