This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hoyt Estate in Allen, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 box Butter Recipe golden cake mix
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 whole eggs
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoon margarine
- 16 ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a rectangular cake pan with cooking spray and flour then set aside.
- Combine half cup cake mix, oats and two tablespoons margarine in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until crumbly then set aside.
- Combine remaining cake mix, eggs, water and remaining margarine.
- Spread into bottom of prepared pan.
- In another mixing bowl mix cranberry sauce until smooth then spread over base in pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping and bake for 35 minutes.