Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings.
- 1¾ cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x2 inch round baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together first 4 ingredients in bowl until blended.
- Beat together butter and sugar in 2nd bowl until blended
- Beat in sour cream, egg, and vanilla.
- Beat the flour mixture alternately with the milk into the butter mixture then beat 1 min.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until done. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan.
- Melt the butterscotch in top of double boiler over simmering water. Let butterscotch cool slightly.
- Stir in sour cream until smooth. Let the mixture stand until set.
- Spread the frosting over the top and sides of cake.
- Garnish top of the cake with pecans.