Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rolled cookies for the Christmas holidays; I almost never make these cookies except at Christmas time. They just seem to be Christmas cookies. I did make a batch of heart shaped ones last Valentine's Day for my then-fiancé. I usually make these cookies in Christmas shapes and frost them with green and red frosting. This is a good recipe for kids to help out with. It helps to keep most of the dough in the refrigerator while you are cutting shapes. It cuts much better when it is cold. These are time-consuming and fairly difficult, but worth it.
- Time: 30 minutes preparation | overnight chill | 1 hour cutting and baking
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp vanilla
- 1¾ cups flour, sifted
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tbsp baking soda
- ¼ tbsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 egg white slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- ⅛ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp vanilla
- food coloring (optional)
- Mix sugar, salt and butter thoroughly.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat till fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon and add to mixture.
- Chill well, several hours, or overnight.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together until smooth.
- Roll the dough out until it is about ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut into fancy shapes and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 – 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Let cool and glaze.