Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My mother obtained from her knitting group in 1952. She said it had been around for years at that point. She is guessing that this is a recipe from the 1920s.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- Brown butter in pan. Add Sugar and cook together, stirring constantly, until Sugar is melted.
- Add water; stir slowly and cook until Sugar is again dissolved.
- Combine cornstarch, egg yolks and milk, and add to Sugar mixture.
- Cook until thickened. Pour in baked pie shell and top with cream.