Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I obtained this recipe from an estate sale when I purchased the family collection from the Monsey Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg well beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a round baking pan shaking out excess.
- In medium bowl sift flour, sugar and salt then add butter.
- With a pastry blender work mixture to form fine crumbs.
- Remove ½ cup crumbs then add pecans and set aside.
- To crumbs remaining in bowl add baking powder and baking soda.
- Beat in buttermilk, vanilla and egg just until blended.
- The batter will not be smooth.
- Spread batter in pan and sprinkle evenly with reserved crumbs.
- Bake for 45 minutes then cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.