Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup nut meats broken in pieces
- First mix ½ cup butter or margarine until creamy.
- Add 1 cup brown sugar and when well blended.
- Add 1 egg, slightly beaten and mix well.
- Add ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Sift together 2 cups flour, ½ teaspoon cream of tartar and ½ teaspoon soda and add to first mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add ½ cup nut meats broken in pieces.
- Pack into a small bread pan and leave in the refrigerator over night.
- When wanted, cut in thin slices and bake 8 minutes in a hot oven or at 400°F.