Kids Food for Fun by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 12 graham crackers
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Break each graham cracker in half.
- Place close together on 17¼ x 11½ x 1" non-stick jelly roll pan.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a glass measuring cup.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high 1 minute, until butter is melted.
- Remove from microwave.
- Let cool at room temperature 2 minutes.
- Add pecans, mix well.
- Put a teaspoon of mixture on center of each cracker.
- Bake 7 minutes on center oven rack.
- Use pot holder and carefully remove from oven.
- Let cool 3 minutes.
- Remove from baking pan with metal turner.
- Place on wire rack to cool completely.