Make imitation milkshakes for people who cannot drink milk or eat ice cream.
- Fake Shakes from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 5 minutes
- Serves: 1
- ½ cup chilled or partially frozen soy milk/ nutritional supplement
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk-free butterscotch sauce
1.Blend all at low speed about 10 seconds. Using the partially frozen liquid will produce a much colder, thicker shake.
- Chocolate: Use 2 tbsp. chocolate syrup in place of butterscotch. (Commercial chocolate syrups are often made without milk or lactose; always read the ingredient labels).
- Butterscotch-Banana: Add ½ well ripened, sliced banana to ingredients for butterscotch shake.