Makes 8 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- ¼ cup almond brickle chips for baking
- ¼ cup small semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine rice, milk, sugar, butter and salt in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes, or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Add vanilla; cool.
- Combine coconut, brickle chips and chocolate chips.
- Half fill 8 small dessert glasses with pudding.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon coconut mixture on top of each.
- Repeat layers.
- Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherry, if desired.