Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cup white bread, ½-inch cubes
- 1¼ cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- vanilla ice cream, as an accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- butter two 1¼-cup ramekins and divide bread cubes between them.
- In a small saucepan heat half-and-half, butter, salt, and vanilla over moderate heat until hot.
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar, egg, and yolk and add half-and-half mixture in a stream, whisking.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes and bake puddings in middle of oven until puffed and golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve puddings warm with ice cream.