Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In large saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
- Drop squash into boiling broth, reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, but still firm, about 3 minutes.
- Remove squash with slotted spoon and set aside. Reduce heat and let broth simmer.
- In large, deep skillet, combine oil and shallots. Place over medium heat and stir to cook without browning, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and salt. Stir until rice is coated with oil.
- Add wine and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring, until rice absorbs wine.
- Ladle ½ cup of simmering broth into skillet and stir until absorbed.
- Continue with remaining broth, adding ½ cup at a time and letting each addition be absorbed by rice before adding more liquid, about 25 minutes total.
- Add chard and stir until wilted.
- Stir in squash, tomatoes, sage and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cheese if using and serve hot.