Source: Public domain recipes converted from Meal Master format
- 6 Servings
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound butternut squash, pared, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 2 pears, pared and sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh-snipped thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cook and stir onion in margarine in 4-quart dutch oven until tender.
- Stir in broth, squash, 2 sliced pears, thyme, salt, white pepper, and coriander.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until squash is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour about half of the soup into food processor work bowl fitted with steel blade or into blender container; cover and process until smooth.
- Repeat with remaining soup.
- Return to dutch oven; stir in whipping cream.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until hot.
- Serve with sliced pear and pecans.