- Heat the oil in a large saucepan add the onion and sauté over a medium heat until softened, turning from time to time.
- Add the squash and continue to sauté, over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, turning a couple of times.
- Add the milk, stock, salt and pepper, stir well and bring almost to the boil. Reduce the heat, partially cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then transfer to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan, add the nutmeg and heat through. Serve hot.